Socializing with friends or family at a restaurant can seem challenging when you are trying to eat cleanly. Here are a few tips to help navigate a menu.
- Order the salmon burger or beef burger without the bun.
- Substitute the fries for greens or the vegetable of the day. Don't be fooled by thinking sweet potato fries are "healthier".
- Ask for oil and vinegar to be brought to the table so you can lightly dress a salad yourself.
- Request that the bread basket not be brought to the table. If your companions want bread, place it off to the side and out of your reach.
- Celebrating with a glass of wine? Ask for a glass of water at the same time and alternate sips of each.
- Soups are a wonderful appetizer or main entree. Choose a soup that is not cream based.